Bibliography: a ‘Grand Bargain’ for Public Land Policy
- Anderson, T., V. Smith, and E. Simmons. 1999. How and Why to Privatize Federal Lands, Policy Analysis no. 9, The CATO Institute.
- Carlton, J. 2017. Zinke Plans to Boost Payout to the Rural Areas, Wall Street Journal, June 26.
- Eilperin, J. 2015. In Massive Expansion of Lands Legacy, Obama Create Three New National Monuments, Washington Post, July 10.
- Federal Real Property Council. 2006. FY 2005 Federal Real Property Report: An Overview of the U.S. Government’s Real Property Assets, June.
- Henry, D. 2017. House Panel Approves Bill to Overhaul Presidential Monuments Power, The Hill, October 11.
- Market Watch. 2017. Trump’s Intriguing Idea Cut Debt by Selling off Federal Assets, https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-intriguing-idea-cut-debt-by-selling-off-federal-assets-2017-03-28
- Merrifield, J, and B. Poulson. 2-17. Restoring America’s Fiscal Constitution, New York, Lexington Books.
- Office of the Governor. 2014. An Analysis of a Transfer of Federal Lands to the State of Utah, Bureau of Business and Economic Research, University of Utah, November https://publiclands.utah.gov/current-projects/transfer-of-public-lands-act/
- Poulson, B. 1981. Economic History of the United States, New York, Macmillan Publishing.
- Public Land Initiative https://www.outsideonline.com/2056806/devils-grand-bargain-rob-bishop-western-lands
- Republican National Convention. 2016. Republican Platform 2016
- Shugart, W. and C. Close. 2017. Liquidating Federal Assets: a Promising Tool for Ending the Debt Crisis, Executive Summary, Independent Institute.
- U.S. Congress. 2017. S.335 Federal Land Freedom Act of 2017, 115th Congress. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/335
- U.S. Department of the Interior. 2017. Antiquities Act 1906-2006, National Park Service. https://www.nps.gov/history/archeology/sites/antiquities/MonumentsList.htm
- Vincent, C. L. Hansin, and J. Bjelopera. 2014. Federal Land Ownership: Overview and Data, Congressional Research Services Report no. R42346, December 29.
A Federal ‘Grand Bargain’